Tim Tyrrell is a lawyer. He is involved with strategic planning and advises the Plans & Approvals division on the best method for navigating contentious or complex development applications.
- Occupational Health & Safety Induction Training for Construction Work
- PhD commenced in Building Failure in Australia
- Bond University Advanced Mediation Workshop
- TAFE Accredited Pest Consultant
- ACDC Accredited Commercial Mediator
- Graduate Diploma in Building Surveying and Assessment
- Master of Commerce (Information Systems)
- Commonwealth Postgraduate award
- Satisfactory completion of Practical Legal Training at College of Law, Sydney
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) with Merit
- Commonwealth University Scholarship
- Commonwealth Secondary Scholarship
1994 to date
- Mediator in all forms of commercial, building and community mediation.
1988 to date
Tim Tyrrell has over 25 years experience in consumer protection in the provision of user-friendly emergency products. His vision has been instrumental in successfully moving a concept for a product idea into one that has sold more than 2 million units.
1983 to date
Established, operated or been involved in building consultancy groups in NSW, including:
- drafting and design of every document issued in the building consultancy process
- drafting of terms and conditions
- design, specification, programming and installations of computer systems
- risk assessment of insurable risks/professional indemnity requirements
- onsite supervision/quality control
- carrying out over 1000 property inspections.
1980 to date
- Legal practice/Corporate solicitor, specialising in conveyancing, general commercial and mortgage work. Focus in the last 20 years has been on dispute resolution.
1978 - 1990
- Developer and project manager on numerous projects from $25,000 to $5m+.
1973 - 1982
- Operated maintenance and renovation business with brother Jerry Tyrrell. Involved in most trades and in most types of residential and small scale commercial development.
1977 - 1978 | NCR Australia
- Graduate trainee.Trained in all aspects of data processing. Successfully completed COBOL programming course, advanced sales course, 12 months customer support training, 6 months bureau service, 6 months computer output to microfiche.
1973 - 1976
- Brickies labourer
- Member Australian Computer Society
- Member Institute of Building Consultants
- Full practising certificate - Law Society of NSW
- Member Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- Advance Panel of Mediators - LEADR
- iFirstaid: www.ifirstaid.com - a first aid application for mobile phones
- First Aid Emergency Handbook
- Motorists Emergency Handbook
1992 & 1988
- Practise Paper - Property Inspections - for the College of Law, Sydney
- Building Failure Reports, 1,2,3
1986 to date
- Editorial assistance on hundreds of articles and papers about building consultancy in the Sydney Morning Herald, Law Society Journal, Cumberland Press and associated building journals.
1989 to date
- College of Law (4 times yearly)
- AIBS: Effectiveness of concrete slab on ground as a termite barrier
1996 & amp; 1997
- LAAMS - Pitfalls in Conveyancing
1992 - 1998
Institute of Building Consultants:
- conveyancing practice
- Consumer Claims Tribunal disputes
- BSC Act 1989
- dispute resolution